What Is Actorise 40mcg
darbepoetin alfa is used to treat anemia (low hemoglobin and or reduced red blood cell count) associated with chronic kidney failure (inability for produce adequate urine) in adults and children, and symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Actorise Injection contains Darbepoetin Alfa as an active ingredient.
- Actorise Injection works by stimulating bone marrow to produce more red blood cells.
- Cipla manufactures Actorise Injection.
- Detailed information related to Actorise Injection’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
actorise 40 mcg injection solution is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Anemia due to chronic kidney disease
- Anemia associated with chronic kidney failure
- Symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
- Anemia due to chemotherapy
- Actorise Injection may also be used for purposes not listed here.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of darbepoetin alfa side effects. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Myocardial infarction
- Increased mortality
- Peripheral edema
- darbepoetin alfa injection 40 mcg may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Actorise 40mcg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Actorise 40mcg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive. Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Actorise 40mcg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Actorise 40mcg Injection is recommended.
- Actorise 40mcg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Actorise 40mcg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of blood disorders, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you experience chest pain, breathing problems, sudden/severe headache, or difficulty with vision, speech, or walking.
- Requires regular BP monitoring.
- Requires weekly haemoglobin(Hb) level monitoring when treatment starts and monthly thereafter. Hb level should not exceed 1 g/dL in any 14-day span.
- Do not discontinue treatment without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Store darbepoetin alfa injection at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.