What Is Artesunate 50mg
artesunate 50mg, a derivative of artemisinin is a water-soluble hemisuccinate. It is very effective in the treatment of sever malaria caused by Plasmodium falciparum strains when other medicines fail to show positive results. However, it cannot be used to prevent malaria. Artesunate can be given by injection into a vein or a muscle, or taken by mouth.
This medicine is generally well tolerated in the body. Side effects may include diarrhoea, an allergic reaction, slow heartbeat, abdominal pain, anaemia, headache, swelling of the liver, fever, body pain, dizziness, and low white blood cell levels. It appears to be safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If you have faced a previous severe allergic reaction to this drug then you should avoid the use of this medicine. Drugs that should be avoided while taking Artesunate include isoniazid, amiodarone, methoxsalen, desipramine, ketoconazole, letrozole, methoxsalen and tranylcypromine. This medicine should be administered with caution in patients having an impaired liver or kidney function. Appropriate diagnostic tests must be performed before determining the dose regimen.
artesunate 50mg tablets is an antiparasitic medication. It works by producing harmful chemicals (free radicals) within the malarial parasite, thereby killing it.
artesunate 50 mg tab is used in the treatment of malaria. It is not used to prevent malaria or to treat severe malaria (where it has affected the brain, lungs or kidneys).
Major & minor side effects for artesunate 50 mg tablets
- Loss of appetite
- artesunate 50 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Artesunate 50mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Artesunate 50mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
- There is limited information available on the use of Artesunate 50mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
- There is limited information available on the use of Artesunate 50mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Do not start or continue the Artesunate 50mg tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Artesunate 50mg.
Do not start or continue the Artesunate 50mg tablets and consult your doctor you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or If you are breast feeding.
Do not drive or operate machinery after taking Artesunate 50mg because you may feel sleepy.
Tablets and powder for injection should be stored in tightly closed containers, protected from light.