What Is Dacilon 0.5mg Injection
dactinomycin Injection is an antineoplastic which is used to treat certain types of cancer. It works by killing targeted cancer cells.
Dacilon 0.5mg Injection should not be used if you are allergic to any ingredient in Dacilon 0.5mg Injection, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have had chicken pox or shingles infections lately, if you are taking any other prescription or non-prescription medicine or dietary supplements, if you have allergies to certain medicines or foods, if you have any bone marrow problems, if you have had radiation therapy in the recent past, or if you are obese.
Dacilon 0.5mg Injection is administered directly in the form of an injection. Dacilon 0.5mg Injection is administered directly in the form of an injection. Should be used with caution in case of elderly patients, or infants. Dacilon 0.5mg Injection should not be used if the patient is pregnant, as it can cause harm to the fetus.
dacilon 0.5mg inj is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Wilms’ tumor
- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma
- Ewing’s sarcoma and metastatic
- Nonseminomatous testicular cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
Major & minor for dactinomycin side effects
- Mouth ulcer
- Loss of appetite
- Lip inflammation
- Inflammation of the rectum
- Administer under doctor’s supervision.
- Avoid inhalation of dust or vapors and contact with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Avoid inhaling dust or vapors.
- If you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you may develop life threatening allergic reactions.
- Medication requires special handling procedures.
- Monitor daily for any side effects during treatment as it may cause toxic reactions such as stomatitis, diarrhea, severe hematopoietic depression.
- Use appropriate contraception during treatment with dacilon 0.5 mg, if you are women of childbearing potential.
- During administration, avoid inhalation of dust or vapors and contact with eyes or mucous membranes as it is highly toxic and extremely corrosive to soft tissues.
- Take precautions while taking dactinomycin as you may develop life threatening allergic reactions.
This medication is given in a clinic and will not be stored at home.
Store dactinomycin at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Dacilon Injection.