What is Veenat 400mg Tablet?
veenat 400mg containing the active ingredient imatinib is considered a protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor type of anticancer medication. The medication works by interfering with the action of abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. It can be used to treat certain types of leukemia, certain types of skin cancer, gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) and bone marrow disorders.
The prescribed dose of Imatinib tablet (Veenat) should be administered orally, along with a meal and a large glass of water.
veenat 400 mg buy online or 600 mg should be administered once daily, whereas a dose of 800 mg should be administered as 400 mg twice a day. Imatinib tablet must not be crushed.
In case of Imatinib overdose the patient should be placed under observation and appropriate supportive treatment should be given.
One patient experienced nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, pyrexia, facial swelling, neutrophil count decreased, increase transaminases with a single dose of 6,400 mg.
veenat 400 mg uses tablet (Veenat by Natco) is used to treat certain types of leukemia in adult and pediatric patients. Generic Imatinib is also used to treat gastrointestinal stromal tumours(GIST), a type of tumor most often found in the wall of the stomach. This medicine is also used to treat Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (DFSP) a rare type of cancer that occurs in the deep layers of skin in adult patients.
Veenat 400 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent the growth of certain types of cancers of the blood cells, stomach, intestine, bone marrow, and skin.
Major & minor for veenat 400 mg side effects Tablet
- Upset stomach
- Excessive fatigue
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Unexplained weight gain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Sleeping problems
- Shortness of breath
- Bloody or tarry stools
Warning And Precaution
- Severe congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction have been reported, specially in patients with comorbidities and risk factors. Monitor and treat patients with cardiac disease or risk factors for cardiac failure.
- Severe hepatotoxicity including fatalities can occur. patients must be assessed for liver function before initiation of treatment and monthly thereafter or as clinically indicated.
- Grade 3/4 hemorrhage has been reported in clinical studies in patients with newly diagnosed CML and with GIST. GI tumor sites may be the source of GI bleeds in GIST.
- Monitor liver function when combined with chemotherapy known to be associated with liver dysfunction.
- Store veenat 400mg tab at controlled room temperature (59°F to 86°F, 15°C to 30°C). Protect from light. Protect from moisture.