What Is Gefticip 250mg
fempro 2.5mg is an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of cancer of the lungs. It should only be used under the supervision of a qualified physician. This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with lung and liver diseases.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if the time remaining for your next dose is less than 12 hours. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
fempro 2.5mg tablets is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Non-small cell lung cancer after failure of platinum and docetaxel chemotherapies
- Treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer in tumors with epidermal growth factor receptor exon 19 deletions or exon 21 substitution mutations
Major & minor for femara 2.5mg side effects
- Skin reactions
- Nail disorders
- Decreased appetite
- Dry eye
Pregnancy –fempro 2.5mg tab is not recommended for use in pregnant women.
Breast-feeding – This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. If this medicine is prescribed, your doctor will advise you to discontinue breastfeeding.
Skin reactions – Patients receiving Gefticip 250 mg Tablet have experienced severe skin reactions like toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens Johnson syndrome, and erythema multiforme. Close monitoring of symptoms like change in color of the skin, skin rashes, itching, blistering, etc. is necessary while receiving this medicine. Any such symptoms should be reported to the doctor on priority. The treatment should be discontinued if these symptoms appear.
- Avoid concomitant use of this drug with proton pump inhibitors
- Contact doctor for new onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms such as dyspnea, cough and fever
- Contact doctor for severe or persistent diarrhea
- Contact doctor if developping eye symptoms, lacrimation, light sensitivity, blurred vision, eye pain, red eye, or changes in vision
- Discontinue breast-feeding during treatment with this drug
- If treatment with a proton-pump inhibitor is required, take this drug 12 hours after the last dose or 12 hours before the next dose of the proton-pump inhibitor
- Monitor your liver function
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. – gefitinib must not be used past the expiry date.