What is Actorise?
darbepoetin alfa is used for Anemia due to chronic kidney disease, Anemia associated with chronic kidney failure, Symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, Anemia due to chemotherapy and other conditions. Actorise Injection may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Actorise Injection contains Darbepoetin Alfa as an active ingredient.
- Actorise Injection works by stimulating bone marrow to produce more red blood cells.
- Cipla manufactures Actorise Injection.
- Detailed information related to Actorise Injection’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
darbepoetin alfa solution is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Anemia due to chronic kidney disease
- Anemia associated with chronic kidney failure
- Symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
- Anemia due to chemotherapy
- Actorise Injection may also be used for purposes not listed here.
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of darbepoetin alfa side effects. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Myocardial infarction
- Increased mortality
- Peripheral edema
- Consult your doctor if you have sickle cell anemia, fits, liver disease.
- Contact doctor if experiencing change in frequency of seizures.
- If you have not responded to medicines used to treat anemia, allergy to latex, hepatitis C.
- If you have unusual tiredness or lack of energy, or suffering from cancer of breast, lung, lymph nodes or cervix darbepoetin alfa dosage.
- If you suffer from severe headache, confusion, drowsiness, problems with your eyesight, high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting or fits after taking drug.
- Incresaed risk of mortality, cardiovascular reactions, stroke, and tumor progression.
- Monitor blood pressure and hemoglobin regularly.
- Monitor hemoglobin levels frequently while on therapy.
- Proper disposal of needles or sharps Actorise 25mcg price.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of blood disorders, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you experience chest pain, breathing problems, sudden/severe headache, or difficulty with vision, speech, or walking.
- Requires regular BP monitoring.
- Requires weekly haemoglobin(Hb) level monitoring when treatment starts and monthly thereafter. Hb level should not exceed 1 g/dL in any 14-day span.
- Do not discontinue treatment without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Store darbepoetin alfa injection at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Actorise Injection.