What Is Aromasin 25mg
exemestane Tablet is a medication prescribed for the treatment of breast cancer. Aromasin 25mg Tablet belongs to a family of anti-estrogens and is mostly used to arrest the synthesis of estrogen by the release of an enzyme known as aromatase. Certain types of breast cancer are ER-positive and have estrogen receptors that require estrogen to grow and spread. Therefore it is important to lower the estrogen levels to decelerate the spread of the hormone-responsive cancer. The drug may also be used to treat advanced stages of breast cancer in postmenopausal women, where there has been a consistent progress in the disease following tamoxifen therapy.
Aromasin 25mg Tablet is mostly used to treat women who have reached menopausal years, with early symptoms of hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer. However the medication is contraindicated in pregnant, premenopausal or lactating women.
Common side effects of Aromasin 25mg Tablet include severe joint pain, headaches, hot flashes and excessive sweating which are typical symptoms of estrogen deficiency, as caused by the drug. Patients of breast cancer also exhibit symptoms of exhaustion and nausea. Sudden outbreaks of acne or weight gain are also associated with the dosage of the drug. Aromasin 25mg Tablet is known to have androgenic properties like that of formestane, and may also cause a decline in lymphocytes.
exemestane cost Tablet is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
exemestane 25 mg missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed one.
Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
Major & minor for exemestane side effects
- Increased sweating
- Musculoskeletal (bone
- muscle or joint) pain
- exemestane capsules should only be used in women who have reached menopause and cannot become pregnant. You should confirm your post-menopausal status through hormonal tests (LH, FSH and estradiol levels) before starting exemestane therapy.
- Exemestane should not be co-administered with estrogen-containing medications (such as hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills) as these can interfere with its action.
- Regular examinations to monitor reductions in bone mineral density and elevations in certain blood tests (AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase and gamma glutamyl transferase, bilirubin, creatinine) are recommended in women receiving exemestane.
- Take precautions while driving or operating machinery as exemestane is known to cause drowsiness, sleepiness (somnolence), weakness (asthenia) and dizziness.
- Do not store your tablets above 30°C and keep them in the original pack.
- Before use, check the expiry date printed on the pack. Do not use after this date.
- Return all unused tablets to your pharmacist for disposal.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.